Monday, March 11, 2013

That Was Quick

As I sleepily drug myself out of bed I wondered where on earth the weekend went? Losing one hour in order to spring forward feels like I sprung forward an entire day. Sheesh, I need Monday off to recover. :)

Friday...

Tom, Carter and I headed off for our now weekly behaviour clinic. We had a new rotation come through and now have a new clinician. Her name is Glori Gray which is an awesome name for a super hero. Unfortunately, this was the worst appt we've had thus far. Carter doesn't like change, it gives him terrible anxiety, and he was acting up quite a bit meeting with our new "lady." As a result of the gigantic 6" x 2" block being lunged at her lip we got to focus on time outs for this appointment. The one thing I didn't care for was the advice to remove him from a situation. If you're at a restaurant or a store and he starts to misbehave and you can't get him under control we should give him a time out in the store or make him sit in the car. WTH? This may be fantastic advice for a Mama with one kiddo but not when you have two others to wrangle, usually without your husband. I think I need to meditate on that advice a little more because I left the children's hospital feeling quite defeated and wondering when we won't need to do these modifications to our lives. I'm beginning to realize that answer is never, this is our lives now.


Saturday...

A better day, hooray! We packed up all the kiddos and headed to Washington DC to spend time in the American Girl doll store. Hannah picked her birthday activity since we don't do big parties anymore. She had a fun time getting her doll's hair styled and picking out new things to use her birthday money on. Tom and I got her the Saige doll as her present and she is on cloud nine still over the trip. I was hopeful the day would go well and Carter did really good with a minor meltdown of anxiety at the restaurant. Thankfully, after about 15-20 minutes I got him to settle down. It was a very fun day!


Sunday...

Started off with Nursery duty at church with Hannah and Amelia. Hannah went to the Kid's Church for the first time since she is now five. She absolutely loved it and talked the entire ride home and then some about what she learned. Proudly declaring she is a daughter of God and that boys are sons of God. She can't wait for next week. Sweet little Amelia, she makes life so easy on me not a peep out of her, I love her. After church, followed by peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, we headed to BJ's. We shop at BJ's all the time and never have an incident out of the kids. This visit was really weird and something I've not experienced with Carter before. He is telling us in a worried tone, not loud at all, that he wants to go home and then proceeds to lightly whimper and repeat that he wants to go home, over and over again. His face looked so sad and terrified. Tom and I looked at each other for answers and I told him that he never does this when we come here. Inside I'm thinking "Dear Lord, not another thing, please!" I really dont' know why he was acting so terrified but I hope this isn't the beginning of something new going on with him. My poor guy, I need answers! Sometime after the super quick trip to BJ's, Tom and I headed out to our first IMAX movie. The Great and Powerful OZ was wonderful but I couldn't shake James Franco being a drug using/dealer out of my head from Pineapple Express. Am I the only one? Other than that is was wonderful!

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment