Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Making My Move

After yesterday's doctor's appointment. I have decided to go ahead and switch to a new OB.

I just needed her to switch medicine so that I would stop being sick all the time. She interrupts me as soon as I got out the vomiting and nausea and says, "Hun, that's because you are pregnant." I had to take a moment before I exploded on her and I said I understand that but I am also experiencing..." and I went down the list. Then her face turned a little more concerned. She checked the baby on the ultrasound machine and then we started talking again. She said, "I think you need to take two weeks off to get it together." Since we were discussing medicine I thought she was referring to the medicine that I wanted her to switch. Plus at this point I was upset and angry because I didn't feel like she was listening to me.  So I end up leaving with a note and another appointment for next week.

While I am walking to my car I read what the note says, "Heather is having some issues related to pregnancy. She needs off for two weeks." I literally let out a chuckle walking to my car. This sounded so freaking ridiculous. Then once I got to my car I started to cry because the whole thing was just aggravating. I accomplished nothing from that appointment and I still am sick. What the heck. So then I start thinking about how in the world I would take two weeks off and what is the purpose of taking two weeks off. So overwhelming and unexpected.

After I talked it over with Tom, Mom, my BF and my boss, I decided this whole thing is ridiculous and it boils down to her unwillingness to change my medicine. She did not think it was the Labetalol she feels it is a combination of the high blood pressure and the diabetes. She also for the five thousandth time said that "You really need to consider losing weight." I have told her a million times that I was losing weight prior to pregnancy and that she is the one that told me to stop exercising. So then after I said that she still said that I needed to wait to exercise until after I have the baby. If that is the case I don't want to hear another word about my weight. There is nothing I can do to change it now so stop harping on it.

I don't maybe it's me, maybe it's her but I don't like how things are going.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh! I'd say it is at least time to get a second opinion on the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with T with Honey....the doc needs to listen, and if another OB will switch it for you, you may as well go to them!

    ReplyDelete