Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Corn Makes Rain...

(Really, the song states that Rain makes Corn but that is no longer how my brain will sing it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBFrGn6h3Vg

Girl's Weekend 2010. Super Fun!

We traveled to Mahanoy City, PA about  2 1/2 hours from home to begin our wonderful journey into our no-stress zone. We had a lovely time visiting the small town where we stayed as well as the small towns around there. We went antiquing Friday which is always a wonderful adventure! I love scouring the various booths searching for the perfect item. While I was there I came up with the marvelous idea of  framing old comic books and hanging them in my entry. So that gave me a task to find the best and funnest comic book cover I could find! I was also able to grab a few with Captain America on them for Tom! :mrgreen:



The next day we went to Pottsville, PA and took the tour of Yuengling Brewery-America's Oldest Brewery. SO cool! It was a nice little history lesson and you get to have a free beer when the tour is over! The one downfall of the tour was how hot is was.  My Lord I think they were trying to melt our flesh off! Thankfully they have their own cave that averages at 50 degrees year-round so there was a small amount of time that we were not in the blazing heat.



While in Pottsville we finally convinced Emmy to get the same tattoo as Laura and I. It is so cute and makes me want to have mine touched up so it is vibrant once more.



Sunday, we enjoyed a torrential downpour while playing monopoly, reading and cooking dinner.  So relaxing.



I love my girls and am glad we are able to share a few days with each other every year. Amazingly after 25 and 12 years we still learn new things about one another. Thank you Tom for watching our babies and I am SO looking forward to Girl's Weekend 2011...Nashville here we come!

2 comments:

  1. corn DOES make rain, I'm convinced....lol.....I had a blast with my girlies, as usual! Can't wait for next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! That's an hour and a half away from me!!!

    ReplyDelete