Friday, October 29, 2010

Meatball Stroganoff

My mother in law Karen is a WONDERFUL cook, seriously she is awesome. Her potato salad, escarole soup, meatball stroganoff; to die for! From the beginning of our marriage Tom has asked his mother for her recipes. She would always give her response of  "it's all in my head, I don't have anything written down." This is not wanted we wanted to hear. A couple of years into our marriage I decided to take things into my own hands, if Mama Karen won't write down her recipes for me then I'll just have to try to re-create them.

I think I have the Meatball Stroganoff pretty darn close to hers but I will admit that I may have an ingredient missing to the sauce.

Meatball Stroganoff:

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1/2 c. chopped onion
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper

olive oil (for frying)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 c. milk
16 oz. sour cream

½ tbsp garlic salt

salt & pepper to taste

1 bag of egg noodles

Boil entire bag of egg noodles and set a side.

Combine ground meat, egg, parsley, onion, salt & pepper and bread crumbs. Shape into balls sized and brown in skillet. If you have extra onions remaining, add to oil to flavor it (can also add whole cloves of garlic, then crush into the oil with a fork as they cook).

Drain meatballs on plate with a paper towel

Stir in soup, sour cream, milk and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when it begins to boil.

Combine meatballs, egg noodles and sauce in one pan. Serves 8-10.
  

1 comment:

  1. ooh yummy!!!!! and you're right - she is great. Her potato salad is the only potato salad i like that's not my mom's. because they're pretty similar. must be an italian thing ;)

    ReplyDelete