Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Splendiforous!

My mother and I have made a commitment to one another to work out four days a week on my lunch break. Today was Day One of this journey together and went very well. I had a marvelous time sweating it out with my Mama.

She picked me up from work and brought my birthday present along for the ride. I opened up my present and before I could say anything she says, "That's why I was trying to steer you away from that one the other day, I had already bought it!" Folks, that's what makes my mom the grand poohba of awesomeness!

 Pan to two weeks prior, we were at Heart and Home looking at purses.  Just to see the new colors and styles they recently released. She asked me which one I liked and I looked at a few. I always love the patchwork purses so I of course told her I like that one to which she replied: "I don't care for that one as much, it's kind of ugly." I could hardly believe my ears! My mom and I are both honest people but I couldn't believe that she was so harsh towards that one purse. I should have known that purse would have turned into my birthday present. Touche mother, touche.

Here is my "ugly" purse:

2 comments:

  1. An "ugly" purse for my beautiful daughter. I had to say something to steer you clear -that's why it's always good to listen to your momma. Happy Birthday baby girl. We love you.

    ReplyDelete