Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vacation...

...when I get to, for a moment, pretend to be a stay at home mom. Maybe one day hopefully I'll get to stay home with the kiddos but for now, me working is a necessary evil.

This year was a stay at home year. This usually occurs on the years I'm pregnant, I kind of like it that way. We stayed home for a day then headed to the beach for a few days. Came home and stayed a day and then the next headed to Sesame Place. Then back home to watch movies, eat popcorn and lounge around like we hadn't a care in the world! Ooh, we even had my best friend's baby shower which was of course super fun! Then it was a quiet fourth of July as Tom returned to work and I attempted to shrink the overwhelming list on my DVR. Monday night Hannie had a hard time falling asleep, as soon as she realized it was back to work for me the next day she would not stop crying. After I finally got her settled in bed, I went in my room and started to cry too. I hate leaving my kiddos and I really, really didn't want to leave them for super stressful work. I guess that's life and we just got to keep plugging along and praying life might change for the better someday.

As fun as vacation was I think it was an eye opener for me. Hannah's voice sounds so little still and I enjoyed taking the time to listen to her ramble on. Carter's legs suddenly looked so long! When did my baby boy turn into a nearly two-year old? I enjoyed snuggling in bed with my husband at a normal time of day. I just wish life could be like that everyday! Tom and I were able to talk face to face for once which was terrific. We even hammered out a baby name for our upcoming girl. We both really liked Amelia Sophia but couldn't bring ourselves to give this child the initials A.S.S.  So, we decided on Amelia Jane instead! Apparently, come to find out Amelia is a family name on Tom's side and Jane is a family name on my side which was an added bonus we hadn't realized.

I am going to make a pointed effort from here on out to make more family time and memories. The years are slipping by entirely too fast!

1 comment:

  1. glad to know that you had such a restful time! also glad that little bean won't have to deal with having her initials as A.S.S. ;)

    ReplyDelete