Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things I've Learned This Week

First things first, the other night I had intended to eat a salad with my chicken and then it happened...we ran out of dressing. Some how both dressing bottles were empty at the exact same time. Weird. But, then I remembered that I had a Hidden Valley ranch dressing packet in the cabinet, I typically only use it to make spinach dip. I whipped up the packet of powder with my milk and mayo and oh my gosh it was insanely delicious! Not only was I thankful to have that packet and didn't have to take the kids to store to buy more dressing. But even better I've decided I'm going to start making my own salad dressings. It reminded me a lot like the ranch dressing you might find at your local steakhouse and didn't taste anything like Hidden Valley in a bottle which I'm not a big fan of. So there you have it folks run out and buy your ranch packet immediately and make it to your liking, you can switch out regular mayo for low-fat mayo or whole milk for 2% or low-fat milk to make a healthier version.

The second thing I've discovered this week is that I can no longer eat chicken breast nor do I enjoy cooking it because it takes fifty forevers. Just the thought of eating it makes me ill.

And lastly, I LOVE, like big -pink-puffy-heart love, the new ShopRite. The prices are insanely low and they core and cut your pineapple, need I say more? I was super excited to see they had a coupon for snow crab legs. While I enjoy crabs I don't enjoy their price so I have never bought crabs ever from the grocery store, I know blasphemy. Thanks to ShopRite I bought crab legs for Tom and I to enjoy before the SuperBowl came on and they were insanely good! So thank you ShopRite for having low prices that make me not want to scream when I get to the register :)

1 comment: