Friday, March 16, 2012

The Week of Q

We started the week celebrating Hannie's birthday! I played hookie from work and we all went out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then headed to Boomer's to play around for a couple of hours. The kids had a blast!



Phew, some of these letters make it hard to come up with an item for show and tell!

Quails and Quilts, we also brought a quilt for show and tell.



and

Queen and (more) Quilts. For show and tell we brought a quarter.



Hannah was very excited to share her birthday with her school friends. On Tuesday she brought in homemade cupcakes and treat bags that we had put together. She picked a lollipop from the treasure chest and had class picture day. Needless to say she had a very busy and exciting day Tuesday!

While Han was at school, Tom and I went to his Mom-Mom's service. I am very grateful that my Bestie was able to watch Carter and Amelia for us while we went.

Amelia and Marcus, best buddies!:



My Mama came home for the weekend on Thursday night! Yay! Since I had off Friday I drove to Philly to pick her up. As she's getting in the car I see a parking cone. I asked her if she thought we'd clear the cone and she agreed. As soon as I pull off I hear a scraping noise and it sounded like we had a flat tire. Then the car stops, oh boy. I slammed the car into park, then back into drive and gunned it. It drives, phew! I pull into the short-term parking and jump out to look at the car. THE PARKING CONE! Somehow I ran over a different parking cone that I never even saw and it was jammed so bad I thought I might have needed to jack the car up to get it out. After a few fits of laughter I finally heman-ed the cone out and we were on our way!

Friday we went to American Girl as a family (My Mom, My Brother, His Wife and girls, Tom, Hannah and I). I know my Mom enjoyed spending the time with her kids and the older grand kids. My doll of a sister-in-law, Karly,  stayed behind to watch Carter and Amelia (I just love her). We had a great time doll shopping and having lunch in the American Girl Bistro. The food was super yummy and the cute things for the dolls to "eat" with were too cute!



Saturday Hannah and I spent time together at the salon. I changed my color to purple, lavender and pink in the front and Han got a trim and her hair curled. Her curled hair reminded me of Shirley Temple!



It was a VERY busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment