Friday, September 21, 2012

A Distant Memory

Way back in 2007 not long before I found out I was pregnant with Hannah I wrote a blog entry. It was back during a time when I was really, really, really struggling with infertility and I needed answers. I had switched to a new reproductive endocrinologist. On staff he had a nutritionist named Rhonda and she was so sweet and so smart and her insight led me to change my eating habits, lose a bit over thirty pounds and become pregnant with my Hannie.

I still to this day look back on Rhonda and just love that woman for all that she did to help educate me. At one point she took me and another woman suffering with PCOS to the grocery store and we took a food tour of what to eat and what not to eat. It was insanely insightful and incredibly awesome of her to spend her Saturday morning walking the grocery aisles educating me.

Somewhere along the way I stopped doing what she taught me and have definitely paid the price for it. So friends I will bestow some knowledge (copied from the blog entry five years ago) on you that i have put on the back burner but am ready to try anew.

  • Only eat wild caught fish, do not eat farm raised fish
  • Eat only organic meats, other meat has too many hormones
  • Eat organic fruits and vegetables
  • No lunch meat it has too much sodium
  • Nothing that comes from a bag or a box
  • If ”it” can be prepared at home you should do that instead of buying all ready prepared from the store
  • Eat pasta and rice sparingly
  • She recommended eating shredded wheat for a snack
  • She also recommended Kashi Pilaf as a side item for lunch or dinner
  • Essentially if it is organic that is what I should buy
  • Do not eat anything sugar free

I have really been struggling with losing weight since the birth of Amelia and my confidence in myself is mostly to blame. I think it's about time to pick myself up by the boot straps and start over. By God if this doesn't work I'm giving up and doing gastric bypass ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment