Tuesday, September 1, 2015

school days

Praise God, the kids are doing marvelous in school.

It's always a little nerve wracking when you have one going into Kindergarten where they're expected to act more like big kids and less and less like little preschoolers. Then add one kid starting preschool where she needs to act like a preschooler and listen/obey and *gasp* take daily naps. I'm glad to report everyone seems to be buzzing right along and falling in to step.

Hannah is making friends and has become the student council representative for her class. Yesterday, she was on the morning announcements at school. Carter was so excited to hear his sister on the speaker. I'm super proud of her!

Carter has surprised me the most with his overall change in attitude towards school. He now comes home everyday and shows me his folder. Then we work on any homework which he gladly does. No fighting like last year. He just overall seems more responsible and I am loving it!

He has a little work to be done still with his letters and the way in which he holds his scissors. He's been letting me help him and that has delighted my heart.

Amelia Jane...she's a little spit fire. She "tells stories" or as I like to call it lies. Not just innocent make believe things but weird things like "My teacher gave me a shot today." "Right there" and points to her arm. My favorite "story" was before school started. "When I start school, I'm going to go over to the door, turn the door knob and sneak out. Then they're going to have to look for me and I'm going to be sneaky." Like, really? Where does she come up with this?

My favorite Carter story of the week was just yesterday. We're walking through our garage and he says: "Oh Mommy, I have something to tell you as you know." "The first thing I have to tell you is my two girlfriends; they got in trouble because my one girlfriend hit my other girlfriend and that's bad." "The second thing I have to tell you is that I didn't poop my pants." "But, I kept my underwear in my book bag just in case."

He currently adds "as you know" to nearly every sentence. He also was sick Friday and Saturday hence his poop his pants comment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment