Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Prescription Savings Cards, what?!?!

Have you all heard of such a thing?

I never had.

Tom's diabetes and neuropathy pain prescription co-pays have crippled our budget. I went along with him to the doctor this last go-round to ask if there was anything they could prescribe that would be less costly. The doctor looks at me like I have five heads and says aren't you using the card? Um, I'm using my insurance card? He says no, the savings card that will help pay all or most of your co-pay. What??? No I'm not and I'll take ten please ;) So suffice it to say we are now going to be able to afford medicine once again. Hallelujah!

I never thought we'd be those folks you see on commercials talking about how they can't afford medicine and we totally became them. I don't know how they expect people to fork over $500-$600 a month (or more) on just prescriptions.

If you too are using prescriptions that cost an arm and a leg try to get a savings card. They will be offered by the manufacturer of the medicine you're using. Good luck and hope this helps others!

No comments:

Post a Comment