Sunday, February 6, 2022

it's been a hell of a year(s)

My goodness! I haven't posted since 2016...what!?!?! It feels like a lifetime of things have changed in the past 5 years. Three years ago my husband Tom became horribly ill. For a long while we didn't have answers we just watched as his body detoriated. If I'm being truly honest as a family we thought this mystery illness was going to kill him. After about a year and a half of doctor's appointments he was diagnosed with Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy. He's on medicine now to regulate everything within reason but it's still not enough to make him a full fledged functioning member of society like he once was. As a family we've all learned to deal with it and have adjusted our lives accordingly. He was so bad at one point that it prompted my parents to buy a house out here in Missouri to be closer to us as back up. I seriously have the greatest parents ever. In this time we've also embraced our calling as a hobby breeder of pomeranians and nigerian dwarf goats and I may be biased but they're the coolest animals in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment