Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Week Old

The baby and I are doing very well. We lucked out and got an excellent baby! She only cries when something is the matter and she does very well nursing. She has been out of the house a few times and has done really well...she sleeps right through it. Today we had our first luncheon and it was with her Mammie and her oldest cousin. It was cute, this was the first day my niece met her and she was very good with her, she kept saying how cute and pretty she was. My niece asked if I was going to have another baby soon...hahaha! Not. That will be a couple of years down the road!

The baby has a touch of jaundice that is going away, she lost a little bit of weight since my milk took five days to come in. Now that the milk is here she is doing really good and is starting to gain some of her weight back. She weighed 5.3 on Monday and today she weighs 5.5. They would still like to see her at her birth-weight (5.15) but the doctor thinks she is doing just fine.

Here is a pic from today at the Olive Garden:

picture-012.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well!!! Take care of mama too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! I'm glad you were able to have a successful outing. And also that you lucked out with an awesome baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that proud cousin! So cute!

    I am truly just so happy for you. It's amazing to see someone go from wanting to be a mom so much... to finally getting pregnant... to having a beautiful baby and starting a family!!

    xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The baby and I are doing very well. We lucked out and got an excellent baby! She only cries when something is the matter and she does very well nursing."

    Sounds like our daughter. She let us sleep through the night almost every night- my wife even had to wake HER up for feedings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. She is so beatuful. I am glad you are both doing well. I would relly love to get over to see you. Let me know when it is a good time. I sure hope you were not across the street at Olive Garden.

    ReplyDelete