Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nothing New

Sorry I have been neglecting my blogging and commenting...I am still reading everyone's blogs!

I have been really busy with work and when I get home I have no time to sit at a computer. Therefore, not much posting is going on.

My birthday was Sunday and Tom and I went to Lancaster, PA for the weekend and enjoyed some shopping. We ended up coming home a day early because I missed Hannah. (Next time we go away I promised myself I won't cut our trip short) Now it is just work, work, work!

Monday I went to the grocery store. I gathered all my baby junk and got Hannah out of her seat and began walking up to the front of the store. I lift my leg to go up the curb and didn't quite make it.

I freaking fell, while holding Hannah, on concrete! WTF!

I fell completely forward and all I could think was holy crap what am I going to do to keep Hannah from getting hurt. I fall on my left knee and right elbow in an attempt to shield her since I was holding her in my left arm. This plan of action worked well because she cried briefly from being startled but was fine after I took a good look at her. My body on the other hand was hurting like hell. My knee still hurts and has a good size scrape on it. I was pretty much ready to die of embarrassment and retreat to my car.

Would you guess that no one came up and helped me! Here I am sprawled out on the sidewalk, baby in hand and no one came to my assistance.  I was shocked.

But we are both okay and that is all that matters in the end.

3 comments:

  1. glad you are okay!!!! isn't it amazing how you instinctively protect your baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am STILL in shock that no one lifted a finger to help you! NO ONE!

    ReplyDelete