Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Surgery Day!

Today is Mom's surgery day. My dad was on his way back in town this morning so her and I traveled to the hospital and got her all checked in.  Dad made it in time before she went back for surgery so that was a good thing!

Her surgery will run 9-10 hours and hopefully all will be well afterwards.

I'll provide updates when I hear something, please say a prayer for her!

Update @ 11:30am: Mom came out of her first surgery to remove her ovaries, fallopian tubes and 7in. tumor. The surgeon came out before the next surgery and said that the tumor looked to be benign. Her next surgery will take 5-6 hours...that is the her cancer removal portion of the surgery.

Update @ 8:15pm: Mom came out of surgery and all went well. Cancer and affected portion of kidney were sucessfully removed! She will remain in the hospital for another day or so.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for all the prayers and well wishes. I am grateful to everyone.

    ReplyDelete