Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Celebrating Christmas!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love Hot Chocolate! Egg nog is pukey, there is a reason you put liquor in it!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Who is this Santa you speak of? Tom and I wrap presents and put them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I always do white lights. I wouldn't mind color so much if it wasn't a multitude of colors on one strand.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No never, I am not opposed to it I just have never seen it in the store.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Day after Thanksgiving. This year, ahem, the tree is up but not decorated and the wreath is on the door. I'm nine months pregnant, I'm cutting myself some slack!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We call it Christmas. I enjoy eating ham because I don't eat ham any other time of the year.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year my brother and I got all MacGyver on our presents prior to Christmas Day.  We slit the tape open so that you couldn't tell we touched them and then gently re-taped them. It was genius and of course his idea!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents always told the truth about Santa. That being that he is not real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was a kid after dinner we could pick one gift from under the tree. Now I have a present nazi-I call him Tom. He does not allow me to open any presents prior to Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White and Purple ornaments, white lights and a lot of ornaments that our personal to our family.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love snow but we normally don't get enough to write home about.

12. Can you ice skate? Um, no!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'm drawing a blank here. I've gotten a lot of awesome gifts over the years but can't think of one in particular that is standing out at the moment. This year I'm getting a baby so I'll move that to the top of my list!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The reason for celebrating and enjoying time together as a family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My cookies.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Tom and I always go to Longwood, I always enjoy that. Now we bring Hannah along and she enjoys it too!

17. What tops your tree? Star or nothing as it is a 9' tree and I am a 5' 5" woman.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yummy! I even like the flavored ones!

20 Favorite Christmas Show? All the puppet ones about Rudolph and Frosty.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't think they exist in my iPod.

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I've been really stuck on SheDaisy's Christmas CD so I'm going to go with their song: That's What I Want for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment