Monday, December 7, 2009

Countdown to Carter!

It so strange, this is my last week of work...at least for a while. I will walk in the hospital on Monday mother of one and a few short hours later I'll be a mother of two! It seems surreal how you just walk into a hospital like, "I'm here to have my baby!" No contractions, just walk up to the counter like your checking into a hotel. Totally surreal. This week I guess it's finally hitting me because while I am excited I am also getting a little scared. I don't know what life will be like with two little ones and certain points of that make me a little concerned.

Everything in the house is done. I made it a point to have everything bought for Christmas and the house will be completely decorated prior to Carter's arrival. His room is of course ready to go and Tom will be putting the bassinet together in our room this week.

I think Hannah must have some baby sensory going on because it seems like she is not listening at all anymore. Could just be her age I guess too. As my mom put it: "She doesn't understand bribes or threats and you can't negotiate so she's got you by the balls." I thought that was rather humorous!

4 comments:

  1. You guys will be fine. Just like adjusting to the Itty Bitty- a piece of cake, you guys did fine and will again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Hannah's behavior is a mix of baby radar and the upcoming holidays. Since Thanksgiving we've had issues with Princess needing to find her listening ears. I was tempted to chalk it up to me going back to work but the more I think about it the more I'm sure it is just holiday fever.

    I'll remember to say a prayer for you and baby on Monday. Don't worry, stress, fret. Hopefully you'll find transitioning to mom-of-two as easy as I did. So far the experience has bee wonderful because I'm already a mom and find it easier to know what the baby wants and needs this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll be grand! Han is a little blessing and right now she's just testing the waters. You guys will adjust just fine - i know it! I can't wait to meet the little man, he's gonna be a blast!

    ReplyDelete