Monday, March 29, 2010

Car Jacking! Say What?

Cops were banging on the door around 9:00 Wednesday night. I had just laid Carter down to change his diaper as he had become fussy. I opened a window to see who was knocking at the door and the cops said "Mam, we need you to come to the door, we have a few questions for you." I grab Carter and head down stairs to get the door. No sooner did I reach for the lock to unlock the door that the cop banged loudly on the door again! I opened the door and explained that I had to grab the baby and let the dog outside. They literally start interrogating me with all of these random questions about a blue hummer, antiques and Craig's list. None of which I knew the answer. Then they started asking who lives here, for how long, where is my husband. Not just once but they asked me the same questions about three times. I did invite them in and they were searching my house with their eyes, I thought that was humorous.

 They took my name, DOB and telephone number and said they'd be in touch if they had any more questions. I immediately call my mom who has no clue the cops are outside, even though there was seriously like four or five cop cars out front. Six of those cops had come into my house.

Mom decided to come down and talk to the cops more.

Apparently, these people in a blue hummer came from out-of-state to buy "antiques" from someone on Craig's list. They told them to come to house number 23. When they got there something had happened and they called the Craig's list person and he said that "No they needed to come to the house with the minivan" (my house). The people pull into my driveway, get out to talk to the Craig's list guy and he grabs their keys and takes off in their hummer. The whole story sounds quite sketch to me. So apparently, some creeper was lurking around my house and apparently pretended to live there while I was in the house with my kids, WTH!

I along with everyone I've talked to about this thinks it was a potential drug sell. The guys that were car jacked were about my age (mid to late 20's) and just didn't look like the antique buying type. They didn't look sketch but they also didn't look like "antique" buyers.

Now, I am super paranoid about what is going on around my house. I don't even like Hannah to go in the backyard and play even though I am right next to her. If it is dark and I am coming home from shopping or dinner I look all around before I get out of the car. I know that this type of thing will most likely not happen again but, it freaks me out that it happened at all!

Tom and I are purchasing a gun in the near future and are looking into a security alarm...just to be on the safe side.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! Honey and I have also been considering buying a gun. My only requirement is that we both need lessons before making a purchase. Since that hasn't happened yet I sure am happy we own two large noisy dogs. No one goes near our driveway without us knowing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still can't believe this - it's INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap!! How scary! When we moved we got an alarm and it makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete