Sunday, October 16, 2011

Limbo Land

That's kind of where I'm at right now with this pregnancy. After Thursday's doctors appointment resulted in being admitted directly to the High Risk Pregnancy Unit at our local hospital.

I stayed in the hospital for about a day and a half to be observed and to complete a 24 hour urine test as an inpatient. The results of that test were the same as when I did it a month and a half ago, only confirming once again that I have preeclampsia. Shocker.

Initially, I thought that they might take Amelia that day or the next since I was sent to high-risk but obviously that didn't occur. One of the doctors on duty said that the risk of taking her at 36 weeks was too high. Since I now have gestational diabetes Amelia is at a greater risk of having respiratory issues if she is born prior to 37 weeks. Call it mother's intuition but I don't think it's her time just yet and was surprised to have found myself back in the hospital. She is doing very well cooking; it's just my body that is having an adverse reaction.

I think it's safe to say I've finally hit my wall of being good spirited about bed rest and hospital stays. It took a month and a half but I've finally cracked. It feels like fall was ruined, it's my favorite time of year and I can't even enjoy it. I miss not being able to spend as much time with Tom and our kids. I just feel sad. Maybe the coming weeks will be better?

2 comments:

  1. It won't be much longer baby girl, you are holding out well and doing what needs to be done for your young un. There was still be plenty of fall left after Nov 1st. And Melie appreciates it too. Love you sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for feeling that way. It makes sense to me. Here's to hoping that the next few weeks are uneventful, and that you can enjoy some quality time with the kids and your husband.

    ReplyDelete