Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Week of Christmas

The weekend before Christmas we had a get together with family for Carter's birthday. He had a lot of fun and opened a ton of toys. It was like pre-Christmas with all the cars he got!



The next day (12/18/11) we upgraded Carter to a toddler bed and moved Amelia into his crib. Of course in typical Carter fashion he managed to bang his head on the dis-assembled crib. He's a hard-head.



Real estate inside Tom and I's bedroom is now at a premium.

Monday, Carter had his two year check up. Our doctor removed the staples from his forehead from the incident a week prior. He is healthy as a horse and didn't receive any shots. He weighs 27 pounds and is 34.5 inches tall.

Later that day, I met with the OB for my six week check up. Everything is fine but the doctor did tell me that there is a one in a thousand chance of becoming pregnant again since I had a tubal. I don't really like those numbers and suggested to Tom that he get a vasectomy...he thinks not.

Tom went to the doctors Tuesday and was informed he had high blood pressure and after some lab work he also found out that he has super-out of control diabetes. He also discovered that he has lost 70 POUNDS!!!!...unfortunately this was due to the diabetes.

Wednesday, Tom and Hannah constructed a gingerbread house and later on I helped her decorate it. Carter was the taste tester of all the candy pieces that fell on the table during assembly. I'm convinced gingerbread houses were created to torture parents.



Hannah enjoyed her last day of school before Christmas break:



We celebrated Christmas Eve at church while Tom was working, this was my first time taking all three kids to church at one time.



Christmas was pretty laid back, opened presents, Tom's family came for a visit, Tom went to work and the kids and I headed to my brother's for supper.

1 comment:

  1. busy busy busy!!!!!!! looks like they had an AWESOME christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete