Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Week of I

Monday, Amelia had her two month check-up. Poor little thing had three shots and had to drink the liquid stuff for the rotovirus. She weighed 10 pounds 2 ounces and is 22.5 inches tall/long. She's doing really well, lifting her head, smiling, laughing etc. The shots were not so great. She was fine getting the shot but after she was home for a while and woke up from her nap, she was inconsolable. She wouldn't stop crying and it was a blood curdling cry. She wouldn't even nurse, so after an hour of giving it my best shot of calming her down to no avail, I gave her some Tylenol and about 20-30 minutes later she calmed down enough to eat and then go right back to sleep. I felt horrible for her and am not looking forward to reliving that in March.



I is a tough show and tell item to come up with and to combine that with things you have in your home. We ended up with icing and ice cream (a pretend cone from Han's kitchen). I briefly thought about sending my iPod, but Tom looked at me like I was nuts so that didn't fly. Hannah painted me a picture of snow and colored an iguana. They are also learning about the different types of weather in her class.



Carter is learing to talk more and his behavior is a tiny bit better. I don't think I get bitten as much as I did a few weeks ago; baby steps I suppose. He is a hoot with shoes and is CONSTANTLY wearing rain boots. If not his own boots he wears Hannah's. He also enjoys wearing her head bands which cracks me up. My Mom brought home head bands on her recent trip home from Shreveport. One night we had a headband fashion show:



Thursday, Hannah brought home "take home Teddy" from school. She got to bring the class mascot home for the weekend and then the parents write a journal post about their adventures.Tom was sick with a cold all week which then spread to the kids and I by Friday. I hate being sick, like really, really hate. Poor Teddy didn't have a very exciting weekend with us since we all stayed home with our cold germs. The highlight of Teddy's weekend was his Clorox wipe bath to keep from spreading our cold to the next kid.

1 comment:

  1. These are some of the best photos ever. Not sure which is cuter, Buddy admiring Han's projects or him in the cool white headband! Melli is getting so big! Kiss the young uns for me.

    ReplyDelete