Thursday, November 6, 2014

evaluation station

This week has been quite the week.

Tuesday, I was looking forward to a day off from work and getting Carter's psych evaluation out of the way. As luck would have it Tom and I developed food poisoning from a bad batch of milk and it lasted until Wednesday, ugh. We persevered on and took our sweet boy out to his appointment and I may have taken a nap in the waiting room while he did his alone portion of the eval. We don't know anything from this appt. but we will learn more when we return for a follow up on Nov. 19th.

Wednesday, I stayed home from work due to above food poisoning incident which I didn't realize of course that it was milk until I had two more servings. I thought I'd have a lovely day of relaxation and  resting while the poison got out of my system. Then the roofers came and installed a roof...all day long.

Today, I took a half day from work to continue with evaluations. This time through the school district for Carter's IEP. He had a speech eval and then met with the occupational therapist. He was by himself for both evaluations but I did get to speak with the occupational therapist at the end because she had more questions for me about Carter. I was interested to find out that there is a term for Carter's behavior and admittedly it made me cry when I came home and read more into it. She mentioned his behavior suggested he may have Proprioceptive Dysfunction. If you know Carter you will read that article in the link and say to yourself "Holy Shit, he does all of these things!" With this new bit of information I'm now wondering what is next for my boy? What does this mean for him?


As if we don't have enough going on in life I attended "Leadership Orientation" for Girl Scouts. I'm really trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment