Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Let's Get A Little Mud On The Tires..."

Remnants from the field

While I love that Brad Paisley song, my Sunday morning was not quite like the song.

This morning at 7:00am while Tom should already be home from work, the phone rings, then it rings again. I knew on the second ring that this could not be good...

I answer,

Tom says: Can you call AAA. The car spun out and did 360's in the field and then slid to a stop. Now it's stuck in the mud.

While I wanted to scream I resisted.

Of course neither of us could remember the name of that road we always just say the road where the cows are. So I decided to get the baby up (she was sleeping) I got her in the car seat, threw a bra and some shoes on and headed out the door.

Crap it's raining!

We get to the car and head on over to the farm road so I can figure out the name of the street and get the car out of the damn mud.  Tom gets in the car and I call AAA. Of course I am dumb and didn't realize that I needed to be the one driving or they wouldn't cover the tow under my policy. I hung up the phone on the lady and called my Dad. Dad drives down and we all stare at the car which is throughly dug into the ground. Finally I couldn't take the cold windy rain and I got back in the car. I look over a little later and my poor dad is trying to push the car out while Tom throws it in drive and reverse off and on. I get out of the car to help Dad push. That was my first mistake!

My pant leg, sleeve, shoe, foot are completely covered in mud! Now I am super dirty and have to get back into my mother's brand new van! Ah! I stripped my hoodie off and found a blanket to sit on.

 The car is not budging, I call AAA again and start fresh. The lady says: I see you called earlier for your husband, are you with the car now? YES! Dodged that bullet, thank the Lord she didn't charge me extra for not being the driver! The sent the tow dude out. Boy was he redneck. He calls my phone and when I answer he says: Are you farmer in the dell? What? Are you farmer in the dell? Well we are stuck in the farmers field.

If that was his attempt at humor, I am not amused.

So we get my poor car out eventually with the tow truck and head home. By this point the baby is beginning to cry and I am freezing and mud covered.

It was so not a fun morning. But at least Tom is okay and my payment-free car was not injured.

2 comments:

  1. Glad everyone and everything turned out OK but ugh! That sounds more like a manic monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI, I tagged you with another meme.

    ReplyDelete