Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nick Names

We all have them right?

Mine is Heddy. Bestowed upon me by my Grandfather and is now used by friends and co-workers alike. My oldest niece is called Gibby, not sure why, it sounds nothing like her name but my Dad started it and it stuck. I call my younger niece Jordy, but that is just like shortening her name up.

It doesn't take long for these nick names to start. Hannah has been dubbed "Itty Bitty" even my youngest niece is calling her that! My mom started that one and I think it will stick. I won't be surprised if it gets shortened though to either itty or bitty.

Does anyone else have nick names? If so what are they and who started them?

2 comments:

  1. So my little guy woke up this morning and said "I love Hiccup" and then his eyes got really wide and he said "I love Baby Hannah!" and I agree! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been blogging in a while, but remembered while doing it tonight that you must be a mom by now! So excited to see your precious little girl is here and sleeping through the night! What a wonderful time! Congratulations!

    You've sparked very fond memories for me. :) We have all kinds of nicknames, but for now:
    Brady Boo or Boo Boo or just Boo (Brady)
    Harper T. or Harpie Hoo (Harper)
    Ki Ki Rodriguez (Keely)
    Mar Mar Skiotten (Marlee)

    That's the ones that make the most sense? We have even more - no rhyme, no reason. Just lots of fun and giggles!

    ReplyDelete