Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hot As Blue Blazes!

Our air conditioner broke, that's right, I had central air and it was taken away just like that. So I am sweating to death and praying for some relief. Unfortunately we are in the middle of a heat wave which I am sure will be the first of many this summer, lucky me! We immediately called out our friend to look at the unit since he is in HVAC and of course we need a total and complete new system. Our unit thing in the basement is a "dinosaur" and apparently the unit outside is "the cheapest crap you can buy." It was the only thing we hadn't replaced so I guess we can't be too surprised. Saturday morning I thought it was a blessing the thing did work. It lasted until sometime Sunday morning because the thermostat read 72' when I woke up and checked it. 'Tis my life.

So thank you money pit, thank you for another $3,000-$5,000 that I need to fix the air.

3 comments:

  1. dude! What the heck! That's ridiculous!!!! I hope you stay somewhat cool......or try

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! NOT FUN!! We didn't have the a/c in the bedroom for Monday and Tuesday night... I woke up soaking wet. It was freaking awful. So I totally, totally feel your pain. Thinking of you... !
    xo,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete