Monday, June 2, 2008

Ants Part Three

Well the disgusting ants are all gone, thank the Lord! We had the guy come out and spray and he also checked for other pests, of course we had termites. Do you see the shock on my face, I am just so surprised! '

The man sprayed the first time he came out and killed a fair amount of the ants, randomly you would see dead ants all over the floor like they came out of the woodwork to die! It was pretty gross but at least they were dead. Then he made an appointment to come back and treat the termites, it rained the day of our first appointment so he finally was able to come back this past week in between all the rain we've been having. All the termites were treated and he re-sprayed for ants once more. The first time he sprayed we were still in the process of cleaning up the backyard, we have since finished the majority of the work and his re-spray was probably more effective with out all the crap in the back yard. Now there are no ants! I repeat no ants!

It is like night and day, before there were so many ants you could hardly believe your eyes and now there aren't any. I was even working out in the yard yesterday and didn't see a single one! I am very pleased!

I did sign up for the yearly contract and this way they will come out quarterly and re-spray. They will also come out if you have a flare up through out the year if you give them a call. I think it is a pretty good deal all in all and the man seemed very nice and down to earth.

The man told me that the ants are worse this year because we didn't have a real good snow to kill them off. I believe he is correct!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, insects! I know there is room enough in this world for all creatures large and small... but oh, ants!? If it is snow that does decrease the swarms (is this word correct?)... then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. I am singing this right now!

    I'm happy you have some relief!

    Sharon - Pinks & Blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I have ants all over my house right now! And I just got a flyer on our door that said termites are in our area. Talk about a relatable post! I'm glad I"m not alone... !
    - Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Heather. I found your ants. That just moved over a block to my house- LOL. First time I've had ants. Not many but enough that I will need to do something about them. I'll try ant traps and sprays first to see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete