Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Number One Thing That Everyone Is Asking Me Right Now...

Is your family okay?

Well heck, I hadn't really given it much thought but the flooding in Missouri very well could have affected my family. I don't think it did, haven't heard any reports. But I swear everyday it seems like two or more people are asking me this question. I guess people hear Missouri and automatically think of me? Interesting.

What people don't realize is that Missouri is HUGE compared to the state I live in so people aren't quite used to things happening and it not affecting the entire state.

I suppose I'll here stories of the flood on Saturday when I see everyone, although I don't really think they were affected.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of those times where 'no news is good news'. My uncle was a little upset that I didn't call him when my mom went into the hospital 2 weeks ago. They were on vacation and we felt that it would only ruin his family's fun. They would be needlessly worrying about my mom.

    After a few days he came to understand that I would have called his cell phone if things were more serious. I bet then same is true for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see you are still blogging. I haven't seen you around my blog in a while. ;-)

    I hope all is well you and your family.

    ReplyDelete