Monday, December 8, 2008

A Perfect Day

Saturday Tom, Mom, Hannah, my two nieces and I headed up to Lancaster! Gosh I love that place!

I really think I need to move up there, the houses are so beautiful, the stores are lovely and the farms are just breathtaking!

Poor Tom woke up after he had been asleep for only two hours so that he could come with us.

We all piled in the car and our first stop was Shady Maple, the mecca of all that is food! I <3 that place! Then we headed down to That Fish Place so the girls could pick out cool stuff for there fish tank at my Mom's house.

We had a lot of fun there even if there were a few melt downs. Poor Jordan (my youngest niece) had a cold this weekend and at the fish place they have a pond with stingrays in them and you are allowed to pet them. Well Jordan being all of two years old did not have long enough arms to touch them. You can imagine the end result!  Thankfully I remembered I had a candy cane in my pocket that she could have to distract her from the lack of stingray petting.

We walked around the fish area but didn't see any fish that we just had to have. So we got a few supplies  and one live plant.

Next on our journey we headed down to the Rockvale Outlets and it started to snow! It was so pretty! Mom and I took the girls and headed to Gymboree and picked up some adorable pajamas for Hannah. Then we moseyed down to Disney per the girls request and everyone got a small toy for the ride home. Tom went to the "bathroom" and was gone the whole time we were in two stores so I am quite suspicious he was on some super secret Christmas present hunt of his own!

We then headed home through the snow which was so pretty on the sprawling farms. I think it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

**************************************************************

Note to anyone out there. I discovered the "Kids" channel on our Sirius radio so the girls could have something to entertain them on the ride home...clearly this was as good as hypnosis because all the children were as quiet as could be.

3 comments:

  1. I've haven't been to Shady Maple in, well, too long. Now I find myself suddenly craving that food. Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a grand day with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh!!! I'm so jealous! It seems like it's been a century since I've had a fun day in Lancaster!

    ReplyDelete