Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Budget Crisis?

I think Christmas has not been too terribly bad thus far, I am getting slightly concerned as it is super close and I still have four people to buy for. Thankfully I have not used a single credit card but I fear my luck will soon be changing...

We have had a hard year financially, we are keeping our heads above water and that's about the extent of it. Are mortgage has increased by almost half, our utilites have tripled and in the beginning of the year gas was astronomical! We also have a couple of medical bills left over from having Hannah. All in all it is manageable for now...

Then you throw in Christmas and my present giving is truly not going to match how I feel for the people receiving the gifts. I actually had to set a limit for how much my friends and I would spend on each other. We NEVER do that! EVER! Wouldn't you know I still keeping finding things that are above the limit I set for myself.

My husband is really getting slighted this year, I have a super awesome present I would like to get him but it won't be for Christmas. So now I am trying to come up with less expensive items to purchase when I really just want to get him the big item.

It's annoying and heart wrenching all at the same time. My heart is ready to go crazy with giving gifts and essentially giving joy. My wallet is saying "Help Me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment