Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Exercise

It's a necessary evil...

I decided yesterday that I didn't need to exercise anymore. Made up my mind and that was that. I finally wrote my trainer an email and of course she wrote me one back. So guess what I am still going to be doing, that's right...exercise!

It is really nice to know that a lot of people are supporting me with my fitness. When my co-workers heard me talking about it yesterday they piped up that I should keep going. I thought that was rather sweet. My parents and my friends are all very supportive but the one person that I need behind me isn't. Deep down I know that the guilt I feel from him constantly is what got in my head the most. My husband absolutely hates that I go and exercise and continually tells me that I don't need to go and that I am leaving my family, etc. I don't know why he acts like this considering he has lost over 100 pounds and I have only lost about 20 thus far. I clearly need to lose weight but he is a jerk about it.

I did reduce my workout schedule to three days a week. Hopefully I can keep going and Tom won't feel so neglected. I don't know you would think your husband would want you to lose weight.

3 comments:

  1. Did you ever stop to think that he is afraid of losing you - if you lose the weight maybe other men would gain interest in you. Yes, it sounds crazy but you have to remember he is a guy.
    Remind him that if you don't lose the weight, you may not be around as long as he is.
    Stick with it, you are doing not only for yourself but for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cousin, part of me was suspicious of that too, men are too darn confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stop. You are doing so well. I am so proud of you. Your health is so worth it. You know how much better you have been feeling already. I know it's hard, but worth the sacrifice in the long run. The itty bitty will think it's great her momma worked so hard just to be able to run and play and keep up with her and one day dance at her wedding.

    ReplyDelete