Wednesday, November 18, 2009

F-ing Swine Flu!

I received a call from our local hospital to go over my scheduled c-section information as well as to do a pre-registration. Everything was going smoothly until the very nice lady slips in the end that the visitor policy has changed, ahem. No one under the age of 16 is allowed to visit anyone in the hospital. Apparently they implemented this change about two weeks ago she says. I asked, so does this mean my daughter will not be allowed in the hospital. Which of course I knew that's what it meant but I had to hear the woman say it. She tells me yes, that would include my daughter and anyone else that is under age 16. I could feel my throat closing and the tears welling up in my eyes. I had heard of other hospitals doing this but in my head I had always pictures Hannah visiting her brother and I in the hospital and now that won't be happening. When I got off the phone with the lady I called Tom and told him what was going on. He thinks he is going to sneak her in anyway...I can see someone at the hospital putting the shabash on that with a quickness. I really just can't believe she won't get to be there, what the hell.

1 comment: