Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mall + Hannah = Bad

There is something about going to the mall that brings out the worst in Hannah. We start off okay, I get her in the stroller, wheel her to our destination and she seems content. The minute, second even, that I begin to look at anything which is usually clothing of some sort she turns into a holy terror. Thrashing to get out of the stroller, yelling mommy at the top of her lungs and then somehow she manages to wriggle her body right out of the stroller straps while they are still buckled. It is ridiculous. So today I let her out and she proceeded to run laps around the clothing tables and stayed pretty close to my mom and I. Then it was time to go and she decided this was the opportune time to throw a fit and jerk her hand from mine. Nice. I calmly pick her up all the while my face is being thrashed and scratched as I  carry her out. Once in the hallway she is perfectly fine. Holds my hand the whole way until we enter the JCPenneys. Again she starts with the not wanting to hold hands and not wanting to sit in the stroller. Then it dawned on me, she only does this around clothing.

Then I remember Tom and my Dad had "watched" Hannah on separate incidents while at Carters. By watch I mean they let her run around the store like a banshee. Mom and I discussed this on the way out of Penneys and decided the men to be jackasses who have ruined Hannah from ever shopping in a clothing store, ever!  Don't you know once we got to the parking lot she was the perfect angel. Holding my hand and talking the entire way. So frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are so weird. Who knows what's going through their heads. Luke was terrified of elevators for a while, but now he's fine. Maybe she'll grow out of it (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh what a pain! The boys! They ruin everything!

    ReplyDelete