Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hmm...

So I've been busy and neglecting my blog...sorry about that!

Recently we took a short trip to Missouri due to a death in the family. My cousin was shot and killed by her boyfriend. It was all very senseless and I found myself questioning how someone could actually do that. I didn't grow up around my cousin since she lived in Missouri and I did not. I suspect we would have been closer if we did live in the same state. She left behind two sons, a granddaughter and two more grandbabies on the way. All because of some crazy, jealous man.

We would have stayed longer but as usual my Grandma doesn't like travel so she wanted to come home as soon as we left the house. Thankfully we made it home safely despite a sleet storm in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Since we've been home I've been feverishly working on remodeling my family room. It is the last room to be completed since we bought the house two years ago. So far I have replaced the mantle, bought a rug and new curtains. I also bought new recessed lighting, a ceiling fan and a smaller ceiling light. All of those lights needed replaced and since we've started we discovered we need an electrician. The one light is wired so bad it's a wonder the house hasn't burned down...I'm not joking! I will eventually be calling a chimney sweep to come out and look at the fireplace. I would prefer a professional give me the okay to build a fire in it. The only other thing this room needs is a new desk for the computer and new seating! Thank God for Uncle Sam and my tax refund or another year would be passing with my unusable family room!

2 comments:

  1. so sad about your cousin....
    so glad you're finally finishing your family room.....are you replacing the ikea curtains with those other ones????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I'm kinda bummed because I love my Ikea curtains!

    ReplyDelete