Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Adventures in Advent

We started our adventure heading up to 202 in hope that the Christmas Tree Shoppe would surely have an Advent Calendar. Go to the store, super excited and every single one was broken. I kid you not, a door was missing or a knob was broken off. It was ridiculous. For a second I thought about buying two and combining them into a Frankenstein calendar just so that I had one. That seemed like too much work. I left unsatisfied.

We then headed to the Concord Mall to get keys made. While there we thought we'd look around and just check to make sure no Advents went overlooked. Leave it to Hallmark, we found the cutest Advent Ornament with a Nativity theme, score!

You turn the blue base of the ornament and everyday it will read you a verse from the Christmas Story. I love it!

While there I noticed they also had book and ornament combinations (not advents). While reading the book you can press the buttons on the side and the ornament lights up and talks to you. Hannah loves this.





Last but not least, we also found a paper Advent from the Calendar store that when you open a paper door each day you will get a chocolate and a Bible verse.



I'm so thankful we stopped to get keys made at the Concord Mall ;)

1 comment:

  1. wow this is GREAT!!!!!! you got SO much more than you were hoping for advent-wise!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete