Friday, November 19, 2010

Why You Should Give An Opinion When Asked...

I always, always, ALWAYS ask my husband his opinion on things. His typical reply about 85% of the time is "I don't care, whatever you think." This is his first mistake and mine for thinking that is really his opinion. It never fails, once decisions get made I will typically get some sort of negative feedback.  Shopping for Christmas is no different.

At my leisure yesterday I took my lunch break as a prime opportunity to get my Christmas shopping done. It was easy, convenient and fast; bonus, Toys 'R Us has free shipping going on right now. Score! I got everything done and then sent my husband an email with the name of the toy and a picture. A little while later I get a call:

T: "You got Carter cool stuff and Hannah gay stuff."

H: "And by gay you mean the games I bought? I got those because she doesn't play by herself so this way I can play with her more."

T: "She doesn't play by herself because you bought her gay toys."

H: "Should I get her something else?"

T: "No, what you got is fine. Carter's is just cooler."

I love the Christmas season, don't you?

1 comment: