Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"In The Can"

My Mom recently took a temporary job offer to work in Canada with her old company. She is currently still in Canada and is not expected to return for a few more months. I explained all of this to Hannah and even busted out a map to show her how far Mammie is and that she took an airplane to get there...

Yesterday, I had my kids and my youngest niece Jordan in the van heading home from daycare when this conversation arose:

Jordan: Aunt Heather? Can we go to Mammie's house?

Me: Sorry Jor, Mammie isn't home right now.

Jordan: Yah-ha!

Hannah: Not-ah! Mammie is in the Can.

Jordan: Oh

Me: Hannah, what did you just say? (thinking surely I heard that wrong)

Hannah: Mammie is in the Can....how you say that?

Me: Mammie is in Canada.

Hannah: Yeah, Mammie is in Canabha

I thought that was the funniest and cutest thing I heard all day! "Mammie's in the Can." Priceless!

3 comments: