Wednesday, May 28, 2008

La-Te-Da

Surprisingly returning to work has not been so bad, the few days before I returned I would occasionally cry and proclaim to Tom that I don't want to go to work!

I have since gotten over that, Tom was right I have to work so I need to make the best of it and try to get the day to pass fast so I can come home to them. It would probably be harder on me if she was in daycare but Tom is watching her so I don't worry quite so much.

We already have a pretty good morning routine going on!

It is amazing what a child does to your brain, I think about her constantly. Lately when people talk to me I don't always pay attention to what there saying because I am so consumed with my own thoughts, it's craziness!

Our Italy vacation is being post-poned until early next May, we want to be able to save a good chunk of money to do everything we want to do and stay longer than a week. To top it off we are going to bring Hannah so that just makes it better! Tom and I really want to do family vacations, when we where growing up my parents took my brother and I on every vacation, it didn't matter if it was the Bahamas or the local beach. I want to be the same way with my child(ren). This year will be Hannie's first vacation, we are going to head to Missouri for the fourth of July/family reunion. I am super excited! More and more as I get older I realize how much I really, really, really miss my family. Hopefully we will be able to visit Missouri every other year so that she can know her family too.

Yesterday I took the plunge and finally got my hair highlighted after like three years of not doing it! It looks really good, at least that's what everyone tells me.

The Hair:

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it back to work and welcome to the world of "Mommy brain"! As much as I appluad (and share) your desire to vacation with your little princess... it's also important to plan a few get-aways with just your hubby - does wonders for your marriage and your patience with baby! Looking forward to seeing you again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that going back to work is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family vacations are the best! You're right, it doesn't have to be anything fancy... just spending time together will make for special memories! Love the hair!! :-)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete