Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fat? Homely? Poor? Oh My!

Last Thursday as I wrapped up my shopping trip in Walmart accompanied by Hannie and my one of my BF's. I am getting rung up by the cashier and as she swipes my formula can she says:

Cashier: Do you have your WIC card?

Me: What?

C: If you have your WIC card you can get your formula for free.

Me: I make too much money to qualify for WIC.

C: Oh okay.

Later on as I am riding back to my friends house I got to thinking. Do I look poor? Then we both enjoyed a good laugh at that WTF moment in the Ghetto-Mart.

Next day, I went to have my blood work done for the Diabetes Center. Please note Diabetes Center.

Lab Tech: Why are you bouncing that baby?

Me: Just 'cause.

LT: Well stop it. If you keep doing that she won't understand the difference when you do it when she is upset.

She rambled on more about this topic and then stopped. Okay as unwanted as her advice is I can see her logic.

A few seconds later:

LT: Do you have diabetes?

Me: I had Type 2 before I was pregnant and now they are telling me that I am in a pre-diabetic state.

LT: That's weird, I have never heard of that

LT: Let me tell you a secret

Me: (Oh dear Lord what now) What's that

LT: Gastric bypass cures diabetes

Me: Oh (Thinking to myself no she didn't)

LT: My sister had it and girl let me tell you she is so skinny and she is a baby making machine!

Me: Good for her

LT: You should get it, insurance will pay for it just like that (snaps fingers)

Me: Oh, hmm (How freaking rude!)

LT: My sister she so fertile she had to terminate three of her pregnancies, she just kept getting pregnant and finally they told her she had to get her tubes tied.

Me: Mmm

What the heck! I do not want to hear about your sister's abortion, I do not want to hear about her diabetes and I don't want your skinny ass telling me to get Gastric Bypass! Mind your own business!

She also informed me that she knows how hard it is to lose weight because she has been trying very hard to lose ten pounds since last year and she just can't seem to do it. "She is just not movitvated enough to get up and exercise."

I wanted to tell her that is so sad for her it must be hard to be a size four and ten pounds over weight, how does she possibly manage to get out of bed every morning.

But I didn't and I never do say anything rude back to people even when they are rude to me. I guess my parents raised me better than that.

6 comments:

  1. If it is someone you will most likely never have to deal with again it is just best to do as you did and let them continue living in their own little world.

    And that lab tech? She needs to learn the meaning of TMI. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO... you are too funny, that's why i love you!

    I don't know if people are prepared for you to rip into them, but then again that would also be funny! Sometimes people don't know when to keep their mouths shut... Speaking of which i was asked if i was pregnant the other day, i didn't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man oh man! You've got to be freakin' kidding me! Talk about just plain rude on both accounts. That's right up there with the dumb asses who continually ask me if Lucky is actually my kid. I guess you just were raised better, is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Where do you live so I can stay away! LOL. What a crazy world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done. many of those people derserved a good smack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the...? How did you restrain yourself from either of them!?

    ReplyDelete