Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another One for The History Books (Part 1)

This past weekend we wrapped up vacation and headed back home. We had a delightful time on the first leg of our trip when we headed to Missouri to see my cousin Daniel get married. The first couple of days in Missouri we stayed in the city and did a few things around town.

Our first day in town we rode an 80-year-old carousel in Faust Park. Went to the Butterfly House and enjoyed some time on the playground at Faust Park.



We went to the Daniel Boone Home which was kind of  a snooze fest, not to mention it was hot and miserable!



The next day we headed to the St. Louis Zoo, my personal favorite!



While at the Zoo we rode another carousel!



By Friday we headed down to the south-east region of Missouri to visit with family and attend my cousin's wedding, while there we ate at the wonderful Lambert's Cafe.





Lambert's food is out of this world and they throw rolls over your head, very fun!

We gathered for Rehearsal Dinner, which was great to have a pretty good majority of my Dad's side of the family in one place. Here is a picture of all the chaos to prove it!  ;-)



Then Sunday was the big day!



The wedding was so, so, so much fun!!! The bride and groom were so beautiful and although I'm not a crier at weddings I could almost feel the tears welling in my eyes!





After the wedding we headed back east to Williamsburg, Virginia for the second leg of our journey. While there we stayed at the BEAUTIFUL Powhatan Historic Resort. I'm pretty sure they had just about everything one would need and you would never have to leave the resort!



My Parents:



The grounds:





I have more to say about this week and a half long vacation so tune in tomorrow for the continuing adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!!!! loving what the daniel boone house looks like....bummer that it wasn't fun!

    ReplyDelete