Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stop Copying Me!

Ever since I was a little kid I've always hated being copied off, it's in my book of pet peeves, right next to staring. I just don't like it and always thought both peeves to be terribly rude.

I thought everyone grew out of those traits as they got older, surprisingly this is not the case. I have someone who copies me un-endingly, going on five times now. The worst of offenses-wardrobe. Why you would intentionally go out and buy the same shoes, sweater, shirt,  glasses, etc as someone you see on a daily basis is beyond me. I for one do not like to look like everyone else and at times make more bold decisions than your average person may select. A lot of what I buy is for someone my age, not twice that. Recently, I've bought a few cute things that I cherish as a reward for losing weight and now fitting in to a smaller size. Then when someone goes out and buys the same thing it sucks the special-ness right out of it. I don't know how to get people to stop biting off my wardrobe so I guess I'll just keep retiring my special items.  What's a girl to do?

3 comments:

  1. Now I would see that as a compliment because I copy people all the time - people I think are stylish and fashionable. I am pretty much a ding-bat when it comes to what's cool and rely on people cooler then me to help me along (did you not just post a cute outfit for the "Ellen Project"?). While I don't know the specifics, I would hold my head high, double the specialness of said fashion piece and know that you have already started a super cool trend right in your work place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy Ellen, she tells everyone around us that she has or is planning to buy, fill in the blank item, this week it is my new cardigan. It has become creepy, she fixes the tag on my shirt even though it doesn't need tucked in just so she can read the brand. She once asked to see my shoe because she wanted to read the brand name and buy it on eBay...It's gotten to the point of being weird. I wouldn't mind if she got ideals from what I have but she goes and buys the exact brand, style and color of what I have. Then I risk the chance of matching her and looking like twins. I don't know, I'm probably being mean but the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl - Yea that's a little strange... I said I didn't know the specifics!!! Time to start ripping the tags out of your clothing??? Praying for this girl and your relationship with her - perhaps there is a deeper need that she is trying to fill with copying you... Looking forward to shopping for the Ellen Project - I only hope I do you girls proud! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete