Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dream Catcher

When I was a kid I just loved dreamcatchers. I was practically obsessed. I had them hanging all over my room and even asked my parents for shelves with hooks underneath so they could be neatly and proudly displayed. Then I learned how to make them and began making my own to add to the collection. I had turned into a dreamcatcher hoarder! I had always enjoyed the dreamcatcher earrings but never bought them because as a kid I didn't like dangle earrings.

As fate would have it as part of our vacation journey we went to Williamsburg, Virginia. One day we decided to go to the Jamestown Settlement and they had a huge Indian display, it was very fascinating. As we were leaving one of the displays and passing the gift shop I spied with my little eyes a stand of dreamcatcher necklaces and earrings! They were all so pretty! I stood there debating with myself if I should get a pair of earrings or if that would be super dorky of me. Then I realized, I like dreamcatchers and always have so why should I care if people think they are lame. I think I have worn these earrings almost everyday since that day. While I don't think I'll be hanging any of my old dreamcatchers up on the wall I am going to enjoy rocking my fab new earrings!

1 comment:

  1. how fun! they would have looked great with the dress you wore to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete