Monday, December 11, 2006

Tests, Tests and More Tests...

I went to see Dr. R today and he is curious now that I have regular cycles as to why I am not getting pregnant.

So of course he wants me to do two tests I have never done before.

One I was putting off especially after a friend of mine told me how awkward, embarrassing, difficult, whatever you want to call it, was and that she couldn't do it.

The other one is PAINFUL! I had a similar procedure done where they move your cervix slightly and makes you feel like you are having contractions. I assure you this is a true statement. When that procedure was done, I went to get off the table and almost fell over it was so painful. Apparently, I looked ill because my mom came running over to me.

I hope this time it goes better.

The old me would have cried today in Dr. R's office when he said I might not be able to do IVF and that we wanted to explore other avenues first. The new me is surprisingly tougher.  I didn't even feel like crying, it feels weird to me, shocking even.

Apparently a little break is just what I needed, it must have made me a stronger person.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of women that have infertility problems and their blogs are writings about their fight to overcome it.. They have gathered tons of information on their blogs and I think some of it might help you. A good one to start out with is: www.manuela.blogs.com
    She has lots of links to other infertile women too (many who have overcome infertility too!).

    The best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete