Friday, March 23, 2007

A Random Act of Kindness and Then I Hugged My Dentist

Since about January I have been having work done on my tooth.

It started off needing a crown, then a root canal, then three times going back until the crown finally fit properly. The lab kept making my permanent crown too big so when I went to have it inserted it didn't fit.

Thursday I went for the third try, IT FIT! Thank God! I thought me and Dr. Mehring might spring out of our chairs and dance a jig! As my appointment neared the end Dr. M told me to wait that she wanted to give me something. I thought this should be interesting. So as I am standing there talking to all the girls in the office the Dr. comes up and hands me a gift card to an Italian Restaurant. I yelled told her thank you! I was so excited and surprised. She went on to say she wanted to thank me for being such a good sport about all of this and that I was such a good patient! Then she whispers, it's $100.00. What! For I couldn't help myself I HUGGED my dentist and told her thank you! All the office girls where laughing at me and I was laughing! I thought that was the sweetest and most generous thing!

It was nice to feel like your dentist gave a crap about you and she didn't have to do that at all but I appreciated it just the same! That has probably made my month!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome! Have fun dining out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! What an awesome dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That was so sweet! What a great dentist! Enjoy chewing that yummy food with your new crown ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Hope that you enjoy your dining out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might need to switch dentists!

    ReplyDelete