Sunday, March 4, 2007

What The Heck Man!

Friday night my nieces came to visit me. The poor little things both had a cold and were super tired! They spent the night and the next morning we watched Disney movies and ate pancakes! But, before the pancakes were served me and Mak heard a big BOOM! outside, originally I thought what the heck did the mail man fall on the porch? No, it is too early for the mail man. I get up and look outside and a girl in a Jeep Wrangler just ran into our car! Yes, she hit our PARKED CAR!

My husband had just came home from work and went to bed so I ran back inside and yelled Tom some girl just hit your car!  I went back out and the girl was crying! I told her it is okay calm down, she said no it is not okay! (I thought to myself no it's not you idiot you just hit my car freak husband's car!) I waited for Tom to come out so that I could go back in the house with my nieces. Tom flies out of the house muttering cusses under his breath. I go back in to sit with the girls and call the police. The police come and give her a citation and then they were on there way. After the girls went home I went outside to sweep up what was left of the taillight all over the ground. We didn't drive the car since we weren't going anywhere all weekend and just now when my husband is going to work he calls. He says "The car is pulling me all over the road." "My steering wheel doesn't even sit straight, every time I hit a bump in the road it feels like the car is going to crash!"  Immediately, I think oh my God, I hope he can make it to my mom and dad's house to get there car, I hope that the frame isn't bent and that it won't be totalled! Hopefully it will just be out of alignment or something but I am now very concerned. I originally thought it was just cosmetic but it is really screwed up! To make matters worse the girls insurance company (GEICO) called today and told me that my car can not be fixed until March 13th and that we have to drive almost 45 minutes away to get an estimate, but we can go where ever we want to get the car fixed. They also said we can not have a rental car until the car is being worked on! I think they are going to call me Monday so I will tell them that we discovered it isn't drivable and that we need a car immediately! GEICO sucks! My mom called to try and ask them more questions about getting it fixed and the lady was a total bitch and rude as can be!

I am left with wondering why everything goes wrong all at once and for once I would like a break in life. Money is tight right now and we can not afford to pay the $500.00 deductible to have the car fixed now and wait to be reimbursed by GEICO. My insurance said that if we pay the deductible that it can be fixed this week. I think this is all bull shit. I am so sick of the way people act. This was totally and completly the girls fault for running into our car and her damn insurance wants to jerk us around. I am very grateful that no one was injured but, now my anger has crept in just thinking about all the crap that I will have to deal with in the coming month.

I need to pray on this. Right now I am very upset and really, me crying isin't solving anything.

Our Car:

Picture 001 Picture 002

Her Car:

Picture 003 Picture 004

Updates: http://lifelemons.wordpress.com/2007/03/06/update/

10 comments:

  1. This happened to a friend of mine. His car was totaled by a large pickup that turned left in front of him as he was going straight through a green light. The at-fault-driver's insurance company was Geico. My friend had to call many, many times to get them to pay for anything. Even with an undriveable car, they wouldn't get him a rental. They jerked him around for months before he finally got his money from them for his car. They truly suck. I since switched away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] • Truck drivers hate cars. [Some People’s Kids] • Consumers love celebrity endorsements. [drive blog] • God hates SUVs. [Physician, Heal Thyself] • God also hates selfish people. [Common Ties] • The CHP has little love for motorists’ safety. [Angry Bear] • GEICO hates insurance claims. [When Life Hands You Lemons] [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! What are the chances? The worst is that it's totally random and there was nothing you could have done about it. And doesn't it always happen when the cash flow is lacking!? Ugh.

    So sorry about the accident... and hoping everything works out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with everything, I hope everything is alright. I hate insurance companies and all that, takes forever to get anything done and most of the time they are completely useless...

    Good luck. I knock on wood for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with an insurance company. I hope things go as smooth as possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Citizens unite! I think it is high time we take the power back into our own hands! I too am sick to death of corporations and government entities alike telling me to go kiss myself when it comes to getting them to be accountable. Institutions are eating the heart and soul of this country.
    By the way , praying should, of course be our first response in a situation like this and I will add mine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insurance companies are insidious.

    It's particularly sad that they will make so many promises and try to convince you of their concern, and then will screw you over the first chance they get to save money.

    At some point our society needs to relearn that the almighty dollar is not the only thing that is important in life. Of course, the business community will only learn that when the people that spend money learn that...

    What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's saving 15% or more and you're getting screwed over. That stinks.

    -Arem
    www.seaofire.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] 16th, 2007 by lifelemons Well it is going to be Tom’s new baby, does that count? After this and all the car eggings happened to our 2005 Dodge Magnum, Tom wanted a new car. I put him off as [...]

    ReplyDelete