Monday, December 17, 2007

We'll Be Moving.

We are in the process of getting a new house. So far everything is in motion but you never really feel 100% until settlement is over...that should be the first week of January.

In my mother's neighborhood there was a lone house that had hooligans living in it selling drugs and bringing down the neighborhood. They didn't keep there house clean and had junk everywhere on the outside. It just looks ridiculously unkempt. Back before we bought the house we currently live in we had our realtor send them a letter of my intent to buy if they wanted to sell, they never responded so we went ahead and moved into the house we have.

Since having a baby looked like it was never going to happen we didn't mind that our house was a small two bedroom with one bath. However, now that I am with child it is clear we need more room. So we heard about the aforementioned "drug house" having been sold sheriff sale and my mother stalked went down and gave her phone number to the workers to have the owner call her.

We met with the current owner (a house flipper) and asked him to stop with the improvements and that we would like to buy the house from him. The man had already put a new garage door and new roof on but we will be doing the rest ourselves. Lucky for me I have a handy dad that can do just about anything when it comes to remodeling. He taught my brother and I a few things so I can attempt to help as well (I say attempt because no one lets me do anything because I'm pregnant!)

The house wasn't that horrible on the inside in my opinion, I've seen worse. Essentially it needs new flooring and new paint everywhere. The bathrooms need gutted and replaced and a little bit of drywall work here and there. Most of the big things can wait until we find a money tree save up for it.

I am super excited! The best part about this house is that it is the same model house as my parents! Which is also the house I grew up in! I will also cut about thirty minutes off my commute to work every day which is a blessing since gas prices seem to keep getting higher and higher. We will be living on the same street as my mother and father which is good because I can keep an eye on Grandma, we are literally like three or four houses away from each other.

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!! Congratulations!! Send pictures as soon as you can!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house. What an excellent way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete