Monday, December 31, 2007

Please Pray!

My neighbor Buck came over today just as we were finishing up making supper. Buck is married to a lady named Joyce, they are just the cutest couple you would ever meet. I would say they are in there sixties and they always just seem so in love with one another. It is really just adorable to see them together!

Lately I haven't seen much of Joyce, I just chalked it up to the fact that it is getting cold out so they aren't out as much. Then there was the influx of visitors at there house, I just assumed it was her family and friends visiting for the holidays. Not the case.

Joyce has been battling cancer for seven years. Buck came over and wanted to let us know that Joyce isn't going to last much longer. The doctor's basically said she is too far gone. She stopped eating about two weeks ago so it won't be much longer before the cancer takes her. Buck didn't want us to read it in the paper so he came over and told us what has been going on. It was probably one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

Buck looked so broken, he didn't look up once he just kept his head down and told us about his wife. I know he was just fighting back the tears, I wanted to give him a hug but I didn't want him to be creeped out. He said they've been married for 47 years and it was all I could do not to cry.

I will be praying for him and his family so I was hoping that everyone else could pray for them as well. They are good and kind hearted people and it is just so heart breaking to see him losing his wife.

3 comments:

  1. That is so terrible. They will be in my thoughts.

    Happy New Year to you, Tom and baby!

    Jane, Pinks & Blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was thoughtful of him to come and tell you personally as hard as it was for him. You two must have had an impact on him and his wife for them to feel the need to reach out to you as they have.

    ReplyDelete