Friday, December 7, 2007

Holy Smokes!

Out of morbid curiosity I decided to check out how much tuition is at the school I always envisioned sending my child.

Then I had a panic attack, I really didn't, but I could have! Tuition is outrageous! I knew it would be costly but I don't think I had quite prepared myself for that.

Pre-School that costs $4,148.00 for three full days sounds just ridiculous. How much is there to teach a little kid? If you want three half days you can have that for $2,871.00. Are these prices normal? I mean, we're talking three days here. It sounds like a lot of money for three days.

When your child finally reaches Kindergarten the price increases (at-least they get to go five days!) to $5,902.00 for full days and $4,087.00 for half days.

I am completely flabbergasted and I don't think we will be sending our child to the school of my dreams (literally, I will only see this school in my dreams), unless I win the lottery!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, our daycare bill will be more than our mortage payment. You make it work b/c you want your baby to have the best, but it is certainly a shock to the system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never paid that much for full time INFANT care! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - but thats fairly normal for around here.

    I know. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete