Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ants, Ants Everywhere

Literally, they are everywhere!

Last night around midnight I was painting the kitchen and called my mom on her way from work to look at it because I didn't like the color (she agreed). As we are looking at that the baby wakes up and wants fed. I go in her room, change her, etc. As I am walking out of her room I glanced at the ceiling, dear Lord, there was ants all over the ceiling! Then I noticed they were in all the rooms, on all the ceilings and a few on the walls. So I packed us up and went to Mom's house. Of course I then had the heebes and could just feel ants crawling all over me. Disgusting!

So, today I went out and got a bajillion ant killing products to use indoors and outdoors. I also bombed the house with those fogging cans just to ensure that no ant is left behind! The ants weren't like these before, I had seen them outside but never crawling around inside! Uhhh, I have the heebes just thinking about it.

Tonight we will sleep over my parent's house again and tomorrow I will go and see how the ants faired...hopefully they will all be dead and I can begin clean up. Yuck!

5 comments:

  1. two words: Orkin Man.

    He will solve all of your problems. I can almost guarantee that what you're doing won't fix it. The stuff you can buy is usually just for minor problems. Sounds to me like you've got a real doozy on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eww ewww eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    we have ants too. all over the bathroom. (?????)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the time of year. Ants are everywhere. In a few weeks it will all calm down.

    But imagine all this time, before you discovered them, you are laying there, in your bed, sleeping, and they were crawling all around, in your food, over your dinnerware, in your bed, crawling over your body, on your face, in your mouth. You probably swallowed a few and never knew.

    But look on the bright side, it could have been roaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have them also. They are in the bathrooms. They are driving me crazy. I am afraid to put down traps since my dogs love to get into thing that they are not suppose too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] doesn’t shine well on my part of the street. This has led to a lot of fun things like the ant invasion of 08‘, termites and to top it all off a moldy damp basement…fun [...]

    ReplyDelete