Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ants Part Two

Can you believe those buggers are still alive! Some of them died so I am going to assume that I saw new ants that made there way into the house. Of course the ants are worse in Hannah's room, WTF! I noticed it looked like they were coming through the tiny crevice in her windowsill. So left with no other options I called the exterminator to come out today. Hopefully this will do the trick, I can't have ants in my babies room and right now that is the only place they are!

Yesterday as I was talking to the exterminator he says, "Talk it over with your husband and see what option you want to do, the one time application or the year contract." I wanted to saying something witty and humorous but bit my tongue. I like how he just assumed that I was married and furthermore that I couldn't make a decision without my husband. Of course when I did talk to Tom I got his usual..."What ever you want to do is fine." I am still in debate, I want to do the year long contract but I don't want to spend the money. But, I could very well need the contract all year since the ants were allowed to get this bad by the previous owners of the house.

I don't know how in God's name the people before us could live with bugs in there house, disgusting. When we first started renovating the house there were roaches, mice and ants. The only thing still holding strong are the ants. I think I would shit a brick if I saw a roach climbing up a wall. I am not afraid of bugs by any means but I also don't want them crawling around on myself or my belongings.

After all this I hope to God I don't see another ant the rest of the year. In case anyone else is going through this the exterminator told me that the ants are extremely bad this year. There may not be hope for any of us!

4 comments:

  1. I saw the following in the news and thought of you

    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90LJMFO2&show_article=1

    DALLAS (AP) - In what sounds like a really low-budget horror film, voracious swarming ants that apparently arrived in Texas aboard a cargo ship are invading homes and yards across the Houston area, shorting out electrical boxes and messing up computers.
    The hairy, reddish-brown creatures are known as "crazy rasberry ants"—crazy, because they wander erratically instead of marching in regimented lines, and "rasberry" after Tom Rasberry, an exterminator who did battle against them early on.

    "They're itty-bitty things about the size of fleas, and they're just running everywhere," said Patsy Morphew of Pearland, who is constantly sweeping them off her patio and scooping them out of her pool by the cupful. "There's just thousands and thousands of them. If you've seen a car racing, that's how they are. They're going fast, fast, fast. They're crazy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the article markalan!

    I'm glad you called the exterminator. Seriously. they're the only ones who can fight the good ant fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious, what company did you go with and has the issue been resolved ?

    I guess I should have wrote the conclusion to the story, let me do that right now! Thanks for the reminder. The company is Premiere Pest Services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] on my part of the street. This has led to a lot of fun things like the ant invasion of 08‘, termites and to top it all off a moldy damp basement…fun [...]

    ReplyDelete