Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Bean

Today I called to get my values from the OB, my hCG was at 11,344! Super good! My progesterone fell down to 9.9. Not super good. So she wanted me to come in for an ultrasound just to see what's going on in there. She offered me the option to come in today with Dr. D or wait until tomorrow to meet with my OB Dr M. I opted to come in today because I'm not much of  the waiting kind.

I go to my appt, everything is going well; I saw the heart beat!!! Then the doctor goes to get me a sample of  a different progesterone to use. He never comes back. The Nurse practitioner (in training) and I are standing there talking for a while and then finally a nurse comes in with my sample and is like here's your samples. The practitioner lady and I were like is Dr. D. coming back??? "Oh, he ran down to Labor and Delivery. You didn't have any questions for him did you?" I felt like I had fallen in to a time warp, yes I have questions! I didn't even get to talk to him. So I get dressed and wait for his return. They write me a prescription and send me on my way. I didn't get to ask questions or get a possible due date, it was beyond bizarre. But yay for a heart beat!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on seeing a heartbeat! Excellent news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just the weirdest thing ever!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete